I found this recipe from 2010 issue of Holiday Baking....submitted by Rose Levy Beranbaum, the author of Rose's Heavenly Cakes...
3/4 cup walnuts
2 cups plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup instant oatmeal
1 ripe banana (mashed)
1/2 cup canola or sunflower oil
1/3 cup Muscovado sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup loosely packed green zucchini (grated)
1/3 cup loosely packed carrot (grated)
1. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 7 mins at 180 degrees celcius. Stir once or twice for even browning. Take them out of the oven. Rub on a clean towel to remove the skin and coarsely break them to small pieces.
2. Coat an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches loaf pan with baking spray.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a medium bowl. Then sift them into another bowl. Add in the oatmeal.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk beater, mix together the banana, oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs on medium speed.
5. Reduce speed and gradually add water. Raise speed and beat for about 3 minutes. Reduce speed and add vanilla, the zucchini and carrots. Mix for about 10 minuted. It will be a bit foamy.
6. Add the flour mixture and beat till moistened and fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in walnuts. Beat for about 10 sec.
7. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
8. Bake for 35-40 mins at 190 degrees celcius or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Cool bread on a wire rack for abt 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
Post a Comment