This wholesome meal makes the perfect dinner especially on a weekend where you wanna make something special for your loved ones. It will definitely earn you praises. Well, it did for me ;)
2-3 salmon fillets
4 medium sized potatoes
asparagus (cut off the stems)
ground black pepper
cream cheese (soft)
olive oil for frying
1. Get 2-3 slices of salmon, clean it and season with salt, ground black pepper and dried oregano. Make sure you rub it all well. Keep aside in the refrigerator while you prepare the other side dishes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the potatoes. Peel about 4 of em, cut into cubes and boil in a pot of water with some salt. Once it is soft, turn off heat, drain the water and mash the potatoes till there are no clumps (it has to be boiled till soft to get this texture). Then add some salt, ground black pepper and 3 tbsp of soft butter. Mix well. Now add 2-3 tbsp of soft cream cheese and mix till well blended. You may taste and adjust accordingly. The texture will be creamy and melts in your mouth ;).
3. Now remove salmon fillets from the refrigerator and keep aside. Add some olive oil to a non stick pan and add in the asparagus. Season with salt and coat well. Cook just till asparagus are cooked but still looking green n crunchy. Remove from pan and arrange them on your serving plates.
4. Add a little more oil to the same pan and pan fry the salmon fillets. Remove from pan.
5. Spoon some mashed potatoes onto the serving plates and arrange the salmon fillets. Serve hot.