Thursday 15 March 2012

Fried Beehoon

This is a Malaysian style fried beehoon I made for dinner....by far, this is the best tasting beehoon I've ever made and my husband truly enjoyed it ;)....Well, I'll be posting more Malaysian style dishes...so you can see a diversity of culture....For your info, Malaysians love spicy food.....especially curries and sambal.....Malaysia is a food heaven and a great place for food lovers as you can find anything and everything here.....that is one of the things I love about my country....;)

Fried Beehoon



Beehoon (enough for two persons - soaked till soft)
1 tofu (diced and fried lightly)
Mustard leaves (cut)
Beansprouts (a handful)
1 tbsp chilli paste ( I used store bought- u can make your own by grinding dry chillies)
1 big onion (sliced)
salt
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce

To grind :
4 shallots
1 tbsp taucu (fermented soybeans)
1 tbsp dried prawns
1 tsp anchovies granules- optional
4 cloves garlic

For garnishing;
2 fried eggs
some fried onions
onion leaves (diced)

Heat oil in a pan and fry chilli paste till oil separates slightly...Add sliced onions, and ground paste and fry till fragrant..make sure it does not stick to the pan...add a little more oil if needed....
Then add in the tofu, greens, beansprouts,some salt and all the sauces...mix well and add in the beehoon....mix till well combined...taste and add salt if needed...and serve hot, garnished with fried eggs, fried shallots and onion leaves...


Linking this to : Bon-Vivant-Moments-2-Savory-Items and Serve It - Stir Fried



8 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Nasi Goreng we had in Bali. Never tried Malaysian cuisine. This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnx Rosh....yup..we have nasi goreng here too..and many varieties of it...u been to M'sia?

      Delete
  2. Good one.. would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are Beehoon type of noodle? sorry for my ignorance. This dish looks just delicious.! Thnx for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes Sumee...it's a type of noodles...dried ones that you have to soak before cooking...I think it is a chinese noodle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!Looks delicious! My favorite , Malaysian fried meehon! I used to eat this during my childhood in Malaysia. :)

    ReplyDelete