A weekend bake....wanted to try this yummy looking tart that I came by while browsing randomly some time ago...and when I at last found a loose base pie pan, I managed to do it ;)....it took a few hours for it to be completed as there were many steps bt it was truly worth it.....the original recipe can be found at messy witchen ...a wonderful site worth visiting....
Some tips from me :
- use a good quality pure vanilla paste or extract...
- i added 15gm custard powder to the custard mixture
- make sure not to roll out the pastry too thin (it will not have a good base)
- the custard was a little soft to touch even after cooling down and leaving it in the fridge so I put it in the freezer for about 30 mins and it turned out better....(but if yours set nicely,you dun have to do this)...
- u may add some fruits on top of it or to serve with bt I wanted a true vanilla taste
- try experimenting it...worth it ;)
Linked this to my ongoing event : Comfort Food and Cakes, Cookies and Desserts Family Friendly Fridays,
Beat The Heat